I was having a hankering for a good helping of potato salad over Labor Day weekend, so I decided to tap into my creative side and make a Healthy Edge version. It was a HUGE hit and super simple and healthy! I hope you enjoy it!
- 1/2 pound of petite gold potatoes
- 1/2 pound of petite red potatoes
- 1.5 cups of Greek style yogurt
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces. I cut each potato in half and then sliced 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, but not so tender that the potatoes begin to fall apart. Approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are boiling, mix yogurt, parsley, dill, chives, garlic, sea salt and black pepper together.
- Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water to stop them from cooking. Allow them to cool for about 10 minutes and then add to yogurt mixture. Stir well.
- Put in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
I added even more herbs than what this recipe calls for because I just love the taste of dill, chives and parsley. You can adjust according to your preference. This is a great recipe for a party and to have for lunch or a snack during the week.
If you haven't joined my upcoming clean eating challenge and you could use some more clean recipe like this one, there is still time to join at www.healthyedgechallenge.com.