Raw Apple Pie
- 1 cup raw, unsalted macadamia nuts
- 1 cup dry, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5-6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 4 cups organic apple, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 oz. balsamic vinegar
- Prepare the crust by mixing coconut, macadamia nuts, and dates in a food processor.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and press crust into a pie pan.
- Add sliced apples to a large glass bowl. Pour lemon juice over the apple slices; toss to thoroughly combine.
- Prepare filling by mixing dates, coconut milk, quinoa, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a food processor.
- Combine filling mixture with apple slices.
- Add apple filling to pie crust. Garnish if desired before serving (see tips below).
- I prefer to cover the pie and chill inside the refrigerator for approximately 1 hour before serving to enhance the fresh flavors and strengthen the crust.
- Top the pie with additional chopped macadamia nuts, shredded coconut, ground flax seeds, and fresh lemon zest.
- Replace macadamia nuts with raw, unsalted cashews, walnuts or pecans.
- Remember, if you have a gluten or wheat allergy; be sure that all canned and packaged products are manufactured in a gluten-free facility. Contact manufacturer for this information.
The Healthy Edge offers the most comprehensive and economical online health community available. Receive access to over 250 recipes searchable by ingredient or gluten-free, dairy-free or vegetarian options for only $9.97. The online community also includes weekly newsletters, monthly health topics, an archive of audios, videos, blogs and downloadable support tools as well as a private online community on Facebook. Try it FREE for 7 Days and then enjoy for $9.97 monthly. Cancel anytime.