Beef and Black Bean Melody
- 1 lb grass fed organic ground beef
- 2 large sweet potatoes,chopped in small pieces
- 1 sweet onion
- 10 - 15 Brussels Sprouts, ends removed and chopped coarsely
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 - 2 cups black beans,
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups low-sodium, organic chicken or vegetable broth or stock
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 organic Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, diced
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 cup broth and thinly chopped sweet potatoes and saute for approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic and continue to cook until slightly tender (3-4 minutes). Stir in Brussels sprouts, black beans and 1 cup broth and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper and stir; cover and allow mixture to cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve diced avocado and diced Roma tomatoes on top.
- Dice sweet potatoes small so they will cook quickly and evenly.
- You can add additional black beans, choose vegetable broth and omit the beef to make this dish entirely vegetarian.
- If using canned black beans, be sure to rinse the black beans before using.
The Healthy Edge offers the most comprehensive and economical online health community available. Receive access to over 250 recipes searchable by ingredient or gluten-free, dairy-free or vegetarian options for only $9.97. The online community also includes a monthly food prep workshop, a weekly newsletters, monthly health topics, an archive of audios, videos, blogs and downloadable support tools as well as a private online community on Facebook. Try it FREE for 7 Days and then enjoy for $9.97 monthly. Cancel anytime.