Pumpkin Bars – Serves 10 - 15
One of my favorite holiday “sweet treat” recipes I just had to share! This is featured in our FREE holiday cookbook. If you like this recipe, you can get 25 more at www.healthyedgeholiday.com. Try the Vanilla Tofu Topping from the Coconut and Raspberry Cake recipe as a topping for the Pumpkin Bars. This is in the free holiday cookbook!
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups whole rolled oats, ground
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted pecans, chopped (optional)
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ c up honey
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cups pureed pumpkin
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and pecans (if using). Mix ingredients until thoroughly combined; set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup solid coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat until liquefied. In a separate bowl, add oil, eggs, honey, water, and pumpkin puree and whisk until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the oat mixture; thoroughly mix all ingredients to form batter.
- Add pumpkin batter to a 9 x 13 inch baking pan lightly greased with coconut oil. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, test if done by inserting a toothpick in center of pan. When toothpick comes out clean, remove from oven. Cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.
Here are some tips:
- You can grind rolled oats within a food processor to achieve a flour-like consistency.
- If you are not concerned with gluten or wheat allergies, use 100% stone ground wheat flour, otherwise use a gluten-free flour such as garbanzo bean, buckwheat, amaranth or quinoa flour.
- You can also create your own pumpkin pie spice by combining 1/4 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/4 ground allspice, and 1/4 ground cloves. Be sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
Have you gotten our free holiday cookbook yet? Get it here at www.healthyedgeholiday.com.
Amber is CEO of The Healthy Edge. She has passionately
created The Healthy Edge lifestyle system and a comprehensive health coach certification program to further her mission of empowering people to live their most abundant life.